1. Naturopathica Aloe Cleansing Gel – this is a foaming gel cleanser that is just too stripping for my combo skin. The fragrance is too powerful and smells similar to Pine Sol floor cleaner to me.. I think even if I did like it, I wouldn’t be able to get past the overpowering fragrance
2. Klairs Eye Gel – I love the way this applies, I just hate when it dries down. This eye gel has that ideal gel texture that I look for. But when this dries down it becomes way too tacky of a finish for my liking.
3.The Klairs Eye Butter is also featured here. And this one was okay, but I felt it just sits under the eye, it’s too heavy for me even when using a very very tiny amount. Also, the tube is wayyyy too large for the amount of product you need on a daily basis. Most will go to waste when expired, sadly.
4.Good Habit Skin Shielding Serum* – A+ for packaging. It has a really unique dispenser that I’ve never seen before. But overall I was confused by this product and would rarely reach for it. I have other products I like for barrier protection over this one which meant it stayed on the shelf. It does have a tacky finish that I don’t love. The tackiness somewhat goes away when applying moisturizer and SPF.
5. Inkey List Retinol Eye Cream – I used this eye cream for about two weeks before it started separating. Anytime I’d try to use it, it would come out mostly oil, then a tiny bit of cream. I tried mixing it on the back of my hand, but it was pointless. Something is off with the formulation. Has this happened to you ?
6. Inkey List Oat Cleansing Balm – Same as the eye cream, after a couple of months .. it started separating and that really changed the formula. It became harder to use and rinse off. Maybe I’d get the travel size if I’d ever repurchase this again. Overall the first few times I did use this cleansing balm… it was great !
7. NCLA Balm Babe – Nope. Love the scent, but the formula is not for me. Has that waxy, slippery feel and just sits on top of the lips. I like a more deeply hydrating, thicker type lip balm. I don’t have the scrub pictured here, but the scrub left a light reddish stain/tint behind after rinsing 😮 not what I want from a scrub at all. Pass on both.
8. Klairs Gentle Black Cleansing Oil – I didn’t realize there were two different types of this oil cleanser and the one I should have gotten was the more lighter bodied one. Which btw, I did get a mini of but haven’t cracked open just yet ! Anyway, this was wayyyy too greasy for me, and almost clings to the skin instead of wanting to be rinsed off. Even after its emulsified. Anytime I’ve used this I’ve had to cleanse my face at least 3 times to remove it, and use a wash cloth … which left me feeling dry after 😔
9. Pacifica Lip Balm – This did nothing for me similar to the NCLA balm. This one I felt I needed to apply over and over and over again to feel any layer of hydration. Pass.
10. Naturopathica 🥕 Seed Oil – Never reached for this oil like I thought I would. And now it’s expired. I guess that happens sometimes with products 🤷🏻♀️ I found this oil to be too thick and very heavy feeling. And I love oils !
11. Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Makeup Removing Cleansing Gel ?! I had no idea but apparently there are two different Rainforest Of The Sea cleansers. This makeup removing cleansing gel, and the Deep Dive cleansing gel. The Deep Dive is the one I thought I was getting but I ended up with this one ! And this one didn’t work out for me. It’s too oily and difficult to remove. I also didn’t find that it removed makeup well at all.
12. Klairs Freshly Juiced Vit C – Okay so I was expecting this to be a more of a gel serum, but it’s actually more of an oily serum. Which is cool and all, but it’s not my first preference, so I kinda stopped using it. It’s expired now and I wanna repurchase at some point and try it again. I know so many people love this one..
And that’s all ! Thanks so much for reading if you’ve made it this far 😉 what are some products you’re meh about ? Or were maybe too overhyped ?! Lemme know 👀