I’ll admit it. And you should admit it too. TikTok has been pretty addicting lately. There’s just a little something about these brisk storyline clips & dorky dance moves that..
There is this one particular coffee TikTok circulating right now, that if you’re here reading.. you’ve probably seen as well. And everyone’s been making it ! THAT WHIPPED COFFEE DRINK THING ! I love coffee so I thought I’d give it a go. Figured it would give me something different to make than the normal brewed coffee. And wow, umm… it’s very delicious. I’ve made it several times now and I’ve customized it everytime. I think I really like it with chocolate the most.
The recipe makes one glass of vegan whipped coffee.
Here’s what to get:
- 2 Tbsp Instant Coffee ( super important, it MUST be instant or it will not work )
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Hot Water
- Plant-based milk of choice & a glass to put it in ( I like to used soy, but almond, hemp, oat or coconut should work fine )
- Whisk ( or you can use an electric whisk / mixer to make it even fluffier )
Here’s what to do:
- Grab your plant based milk & pour it in a glass with some ice. Leave about a half inch or more of space on top.
- In a bowl, whisk the instant coffee, sugar, and hot water for several minutes until light and fluffy. When it’s reached your desired consistency, dollop the coffee mixture on top of the milk & ice.
- If you want to make it chocolately, just drizzle in some chocolate syrup in with the milk or make your own.
- For the chocolate drips in the picture.. I just melted some dark chocolate and drizzled it around the edge with a spoon. Once it cooled down, it hardened on the edge.
- I’d also recommend giving it a good stir before drinking if you want more of a latte flavor.