Yum yum yum ! Banana bread is my favorite treat, especially with chocolate. OMG !
- 3 medium very ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup raw sugar, regular sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup plain, non-dairy milk (I used rice milk)
- 1& 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp hot water divided
- 1/3 cup mini dairy-free chocolate chips
Let’s Get Baking:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/ 180 C. Grease loaf pan with vegan butter, spray oil or however you prefer.
- Start by mashing bananas in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add sugar, vanilla, non-dairy milk and oil. Cream together until smooth, lumps are ok. Add flour, salt, baking soda and stir until just combined.
- Separate about 1 cup of dough into a small bowl. Add 3 tbsp of hot water (be careful!) and cocoa powder. Mix until smooth.
- Add additional 3 tbsp of hot water to regular dough. Mix until just combined.
- Grab the loaf pan. Alternate adding regular dough and chocolate dough, and swirl together using toothpick to create the marbled effect. Top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean, not gooey.
- Let cool for 30 minutes – 40 minutes before slicing. Can be stored in air tight container on counter for 3-4 days.
Hope you guys enjoyed ! Can’t wait to see your recreations and substitutions. Share them with me in the comments.