So recently I had one of those days… one of those darn days filled with negativity. Things kept going all wrong and everything was just so frustrating. I knew that if I kept on this trail of negativity… my whole day would just be completely terrible & filled with this negative energy. And negative energy is just SO draining. Have you had one of those days before too? Are you having one now?
Well, below I’ve listed some pointers that I tend to follow to shake myself out of misery. Maybe give one of these ideas a shot when you’re having a similar frustrating day, even if you just complete the first one on the list!
- Breathe. The most cliche, but most important thing to do. Take a deep breath. Inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth. Tell yourself you’ll get through this. One step at a time.
- If you’re just waking up in the morning after a rough night feeling terrible. Start by thinking positive thoughts. Take a second to tell yourself something nice about yourself! Like.. “Damn, I’m lookin’ beautiful!” or “I WILL CONQUER THIS DAY!”
- Of course you probably saw this next one coming. Turn on your favorite song or type of music. Sometimes a really good song can have that mood changing magic.
- Do a little window shopping or maybe buy yourself something nice. A pick me up… like a new candle or book. Or maybe even just try on something super fancy that you know you wont buy…like new shoes or a fancy dress.
- Take a walk down the street, beach, where ever ! Find a nearby park and just take in the sights and sounds. A little fresh air may change your mood around.
- Stop by the gym or maybe do some at-home yoga!
- Take a nap. Sometimes a little 20 minute rejuvenating nap may be all you need.
- Get a manicure. They’re usually very inexpensive and it may help you feel a little bit better. Guys, you can do this one too.
- Take a hot bath with scents like peppermint or lemon. Or even put a few drops of peppermint essential oil in your hot shower. A little at home pampering will have you feelin’ fresh in no time.
- Start a new book. Something that will get your mind off the negativity.
- And last but not least, talk to a friend. Someone who may understand what you’re going through. Maybe just getting it all out will help find relief. Or maybe a friend may have some words of wisdom.
Hope this helps & good luck.